Obesity is excess accumulation of fat tissues beyond the limitation of the skeletal and muscular requirement. Weight of normal persons of 25 years of age in relation to their height. Because that is the prime age when the skeleto-muscular structure is well-developed & physical adjustment to adulthood is at its peak. The vital organs would have reached optimum capacity to carry out their functions. So any increase in weight as one age must be in keeping with the average of what it was at the age of 25. If not, it is always detrimental to good health.
TYPES OF OBESITY
The two types of obesity android & gynoid. Android in the male type of obesity where excess fat is marked in the upper half of the body.
Android type of obesity is shape of like an apple. The shoulders, face, arms, neck, chest & upper portion of the abdomen are bloated. The stomach gives a stiff appearance. The neck is compressed and there will be protruding chest because of the bulk in the stomach. The lower portion of the body the hips, thighs & legs are thinner beyond proportion in comparison with the upper part. This typed of obesity is found more in males some females also found. It occurs in females around menopause too due to thyroid gland's functional disturbance. In this type, the excess flesh is less likely to reduce especially in female than males. Android type of obesity is a major risk for heart damage & heart disease due to high cholesterol.
This type of obesity is also common to both sexes. In this type the lower part of the body has the extra flesh and is similar to pears. The flesh is somewhat flabby in the abdomen, thighs, buttocks & legs. The face & neck mostly give a normal appearance. In some persons, the cheeks may be drawn too. As these persons grow old the whole figure assumes a stooping posture and the spine is never erect due to the heavy hips & thighs. This vital organs affected mostly are the kidneys, uterus, intestines, bladder & bowls. But the functions of these organs some times have a direct effect on the heart.
In this type of obesity, exercises or dieting will not help appreciably in reducing weight. Here unani medicine is the only hope. One should have more patience & undertake proper treatment to achieve the coal of reducing weight & preventing further weight again.
The third type: - Besides android & gynoid, there is one more type of obesity. Some persons neither belong to android or to gynoid category. Their whole body from head to toe looks like a barrel. Their gait is more to rolling rather than walking. The fat tissues in their body hinder the movement of all the internal organs & consequently affect their brisk functioning. For them any exercise is difficult due to the enormous size of the body. So such person should follow a strict in diet & do plenty of exercise. But unani medicines & treatment help successfully in reducing weight.
- Safoof Mohazil 5gm with 20 ml Arq Zeera twice a day
- Take 5ml Shahad (Honey) with one cup of water and drink at morning in empty stomach
- Neebu Ras(Lemon juice) is quite effective for obesity patients. 5-10 ml of Nembu ras is mixed with one glass of water and should be taken on empty stomach in the morning. The mix is very useful for melting of adipose tissue from the body as well as weight loss. However, it is recommended to take the above mix once a day, otherwise, the person may experience loose motion or some digestive problems .
- Jawarish Kamoni Akber 5gm with Sikanjabeen Lemoni 10ml twice a day.
- One gram of Luke –e-Maghsool may be taken with water in the morning for getting positive impacts for obesity.
- 2pills of Habbe Mohazil and 2pills of Qurs Tinkar twice a day with 5gm Ithrifal Sanai at bed time.